In the first three years;
- I have advised Primary Schools in Westminster, Hounslow and Enfield on all aspects of the SENCo role.
- I have advised three Primary Schools in Westminster on developing their Disability Equality Schemes.
- I have worked for two terms in a Secondary School in Surrey, which was in Special Measures to completely revise and reorganise their SEN procedures and
policies and then helped to appoint and train the new SENCo.
- I have been interim Deputy Head for two terms at a Primary BESD School in Surrey, leading on behaviour management.
- I have worked in a Primary PRU in Surrey helping to develop a range of policies and mentoring the newly appointed head teacher.
- I have been the SIP for a Special School in Southend on Sea.
- I have researched and written a report on Behaviour Support in Secondary Schools for the London of Croydon and contributed to a report on Behaviour Support in Surrey
- I have advised and supported an all age BESD School to get out of Notice to Improve.
I don’t use ‘off the shelf’ solutions or packages so whatever SEN related problem you have, I will approach it looking for an individual solution that is
right for you. Here are a few examples of what I can do, but this list is by no means exhaustive.
- Are you a Primary, Secondary or Special School that is either without a SENCo or has an inexperienced SENCo? Do you need advice and support in developing the SENCo role?
- Do you need help in interpreting what the new SEN Code of Practice from September 2014 will mean for special needs in your school?
- If you are a Primary, Secondary or Special School and you are experiencing problems with pupil behaviour, I can take an entirely individual and non-
judgemental perspective on the situation and give you sound practical advice and suggestions for how to improve things, including creating a new vision for how you respond to challenging behaviour in your school which will increase attainment and reduce exclusion.